The Southern Academy of Sport Athlete High Performance Program provides all the individualised support an athlete would expect to receive at a World Class sporting organisation.
The High Performance membership is designed with three people in mind:
- Athletes already competing at an elite level.
- Athletes aspiring to compete at an elite level, who wish to optimise their chances by receiving fully individualised and comprehensive athletic development support.
- Individuals that are high performing in other aspects of their life (e.g. work & business), and wish to extend their high performance principles to sport and competition.
- Strength and Conditioning program design and coaching.
- Individual Mindset coaching.
- Individual Nutrition coaching.
- Physiotherapy and Soft Tissue Massage.
- Sports Science services, including GPS performance analysis, performance testing, blood lactate and glucose monitoring.
The High Performance membership is £250 per month (£200 per month for full time students). Contact us to discuss your needs, or read below for further detail.
Physical Athletic Development program designed to:
- Improve performance specific to sport and position
- Reduce injury risk
- Develop a healthy, balanced athlete
The program will include where appropriate:
- Performance testing and analysis
- Gym based strength, mobility and conditioning.
- Power Development
- Acceleration and Speed training
- Sports specific conditioning
The program is delivered flexibly and in consultation with the athlete’s sports coaches, to ensure athletic development work compliments the athlete’s sports training.
Mindset can often be the defining factor in sporting success.
The Academy’s Mindset coach holds a Masters in Sports Psychology and through a combination of group work, individual coaching and online learning, teaches athletes strategies to:
- Think clearly under pressure.
- Develop a growth mindset.
- Deal with and learn from failure.
- Reduce sports-based anxiety.
RECOVERY AND REHAB
The aims of our recovery and rehab program are two-fold:
- To reduce the risk of injury by introducing athletes to effective recovery methods.
- To manage injuries when they do occur, and to rehabilitate the athlete back to competition.
All athletes undergo injury screening and testing. Injured athletes have access to a weekly Physiotherapy. A team of practitioners work together to rehabilitate the athlete, with Physiotherapists, Masseurs and Strength Coaches all playing a part in designing and delivering a unique program.
Scotland #2 ranked marathon runner and 25 minute improvement with Academy.
Jump Athlete. From UK #20 to UK #3 UK Under 20’s with Academy
Professional MMA Fighter and National title holder
England Under 18’s Hockey
Bath Rugby Women's Sevens
Strength and Conditioning, Sports Science and Sports Medicine providers 2022 season.
Team GB Skeet Shooter. 9th Place World Cup.
PGA Golfer. PGA Cup Great Britain and Ireland team member.
Professional rugby player.